Book Sale Strategy Vital To Building Up Your Profitable Inventory Of Used Books To Resell Online

Mike @ Ambooked.com wrote this excellent post back in September 2011, but his sound advice on developing your own library book sale strategy still rings true and should be required reading by all online booksellers:

You can find his post by clicking on the link below:

http://ambooked.com/239/library-book-sale-strategy
I've found dozens and dozens of high-profit items on the final "bag day" of local library sales, putting hundreds of dollars of profit into my pockets for just a little bit of work. Very easy work.
While the library book sales don't usually kick into gear until Spring in my region of the county (the Ozark Mountain region), this is still very good information to bookmark.

Not long ago I attended a Friends of the Library book sale in a town about 40 minutes from my home.
On the way, I noticed a large yard sale sign. I detoured to check it out, and, yes, there were indeed plenty of books loaded on top of a dozen tables toward the back.
I spent about 30 minutes gathering a pile of textbooks and old cookbooks.
I found two textbooks in great condition for 25 cents each.
I took my box full of old books to the checkout, and was told the books had been discounted down half price. So my textbooks were now going to cost me not a quarter apiece, but 12.5 cents each.
I thought that was OK.
I posted both the day afterwards. One is still listed for sale at $79. I bet it will sell during the next textbook season in early January.
The other sold for $39 the day after it was listed for sale. Plus I got a $3.99 shipping credit from Amazon. In the end, I earned about $30 from the sale of that one textbook. And, that revenue paid for all of the books I purchased at the yard sale and at the FOL sale I attended a little later in the morning.
Not bad for half an hour's work, I'd say.
Yes, it pays to keep your options open and have a flexible book buying strategy when you're heading out on sourcing trips, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment